On my birthday eve, Somya told me to cook something, and while doing so it dawned on me how I had just stopped cooking, for so long. It used to make me feel calm and relaxed. I knew when nothing in a day goes like I want it to, getting home and whipping a cake or even adding tadka to dal would make it perfect. And it gave me a feeling of satisfaction and a sense of control. Like I had the remote in my hand – for some part of the day.
So after a long working day when I got home today, I cooked the easiest and quickest recipe, Nachos. Even though I don’t get time to do this every single day, I’m trying my best to get into the habit as soon as I can. Which means many more recipes are coming your way.
For now, here’s how I made these cheesy nachos.
1. Take a bowl, add nachos into it
2. Sprinkle some chopped onions, capsicum and celery (Say a handful)
3. Now add a layer of salsa and mayonnaise
4. Top all this with a layer of grated mozzarella cheese
5. Pre-heat the oven at 150 degrees and place the bowl in it for 5 minutes
6. As soon as you see that the cheese has melted and nachos are turning brown. Take the bowl out and serve.