When we started this blog, we knew we will be posting a lot about our short and long trips, but as the blog came along, this section became the most ignored part. But hey, it’s never too late. Though, I went on this trip almost 7 months back, but I’m sure Scotland hasn’t changed since.
Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland was my first destination and a city full of castles that entails with itself some great stories from the past. You wont believe that this beautiful city has seen many hangings back in 1900. It has won a special award called the’Horrible Histories’.
- Delhi to Scotland is 9432 km or 5861 miles. A typical flight between Delhi to Scotland would have a flying time of about 8 hours 32 mins.
- The best way to explore the city is Hop on Hop off bus that takes around INR 1300 (depends on the currency rate) and is valid for 24 hours. Covers 14 designated stops cover all major Edinburgh highlights.
- Bus departs from Waverley Bridge. Your ticket can be collected from the Edinburgh Bus Tours Ticket Office on Waverley Bridge upon presentation of your booking voucher. However, you can board the Edinburgh Hop-On, Hop-Off tour at any of the stops.
- If you plan to shop then Waverley Bridge is the right place. From Topshop to HnM, Superdrug and Sephora, the best of brands have their stores here.
- The city has many cute cafes that you can explore through Zomato. You can find Burger King, Pizza Square and many such food chains easily.
- If you are on a budget, then grab frozen burgers and pizzas from Tesco and enjoy them.
- We stayed at the Holiday Inn, 132 Corstorphine Rd, Edinburgh.
Location: Royal Yacht Britannia, Scotland
Dress: Stalk Buy love
Bag: Forever 21
Jacket: Vero Moda
Footwear: Street Style Store
Watch: Kenneth Cole
Sunglasses: Accessorize India