A staple dish for many, it is spicy and flavourful. Traditionally, this dish is made of red chillis, assorted vegetables and coconut milk. A balance of nutrition and taste this dish goes best with steamed rice, this goes well with steamed rice. So if you have not tried it yet. Here is the recipe for you.
2 cups coconut milk
1 tbsp corn flour
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp soy sauce
1/4 cup finely chopped basil leaves
1/2 cup baby corn
1/2 cup broccoli florets
1/2 cup French beans
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
Salt to taste
For The Thai Red Curry Paste / chilli paste
8 to 10 whole dry Kashmiri red chillies, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes and drained
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
6 clove garlic
1 tbsp roughly chopped ginger
2 stalks lemongrass (If not available you can go ahead without it )
6 stalks coriander
3 tbsp ground coriander seeds
2 tsp ground cumin seeds
1/2 tbsp freshly ground white pepper powder
1/2 tsp salt
1. Combine all the ingredients and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste, using little water. Keep aside.
2. Mix corn flour and coconut milk in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
3. Heat the oil in a kadai then add the chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
4. Now add the corn flour-coconut milk mixture, soya sauce, basil leaves, mix well and simmer for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
5. Add all the vegetables and salt, mix well and simmer for another 10 to 12 minutes
6. Once the curry thickens remove from heat.
7. Serve hot with steamed rice.