The first time I had Pesto sauce pasta was at a friend’s place and after that my taste buds had died. I planned never to have it again. But I did. Sitting at a café in Paris, I dared to try their speciality, Pesto pasta. And to my surprise, I loved it. Once I came back to Delhi, I tried my version of this pasta and I have been in love with it since then. It is healthier than the other pastas and more versatile.
Here is a quick recipe for you guys. I’m sure you will love it!
60 gms Basil
60 gms Pine nuts
3 Cherry tomatoes/half tomato
4 Shallots of garlic
10 gms Parmesan cheese
Lemon to taste
1 Cup pasta
10 Cherry tomatoes
salt to taste
1 tbsp Chilli flakes
6 Cloves of garlic
- In a mixer grinder add basil, pine nuts, olive oil, garlic and cherry tomatoes and grind it into fine paste.
- After grinding, add a squeeze of lime and keep it aside.
- Boil pasta in 3 cups of water, salt and oil
- Now in a pan, add oil once the oil is heated add butter
- Once the butter melts add 10 sliced cherry tomatoes and sauté until they are tender and soft
- Now add salt, chilli flakes and garlic
- Cook till garlic turns light brown
- Now add boiled pasta to this and toss it properly
- Turn off the heat and then add pesto. Toss well
- Garnish with basil leaves, cherry tomato and some grated parmesan cheese
Tips: You can keep the pesto sauce in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. Make sure you add extra oil and no tomatoes while grinding
Ps: The same sauce can be used to make sandwiches